Copyright 2024 - Laserworld Showcontroller - professional laser control software

Issues with AKAI APC mini MK2

• Bart
More
4 months 3 days ago #510 by Bart
Replied by Bart on topic Issues with AKAI APC mini MK2
As those controllers are made for Ableton Live this doesn't mean the midi signals are different when you push the shift button on the device, Ableton will switch this way between modes and sent different colors to the controller.
The reality is just that every button/slider sents out a midi note/value, so pressing the shift key in LIVE will only sent 1 value to the program and that is laser on/off toggle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Adrien
  • Topic Author
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #489 by Adrien
Issues with AKAI APC mini MK2 was created by Adrien
Hi guys, 

I see your forum is quite active, you may be able to help me ; I'm intending to use show controller in few weeks, but I'm not there yet so feel free to delete this if needed. If you konw any other alive forum about this, feel free to redirect me. 

I just got an APC mini MK2 for AbletonLive11 and, like some previous user on this forum, I can't get its "normal" function, where the automatic layout and midi control should be :
> The 64 clip launch buttons applie to an 8x8 clips box
> All the 64 clip light up when upon connecting, and then unread midi clips light up faintly while playing clips light up strongly
> the shift button allows you to automatically assign the 8 up-and-down knobs to Pan, Volume, Send Or Device
> The shift button allows you to freely "navigate" ( up down left right ) in Ableton Live's interface 

I don't get that. 
Obviously I checked that my midi routing preferences where OK and as far as I know, they are. The product is registered etc... 
I access Note Mode and Drum Mode, but secondary buttons ( volume, pan, navigation ) are still read as keys ( = very high notes ! ) . 
I can override the ( absent ) automatic layout by clicking "remote" in my midi preferences ; I think it's called user mode ; but every assignement has to be handmade, it's painfully long and exclude any navigation/shift functions, which are the most handy. 

I don't believe it's a hardware problem, and I'm hoping you'll know where I can find the right script or midi map to allow Live11 and my APC to communicate. correctly : what kind of file is it, where it is... 
Or if it's a stupid authorization from my computer, I don't know

Thanks a lot !!! 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

f