Copyright 2024 - Laserworld Showcontroller - professional laser control software

Scene animations resets/stutters on ArtNet Input using remote DMX

• Jo Inge Johansen
  • Topic Author
More
9 months 5 days ago #462 by Jo Inge Johansen
Thank you for your feedback.

I'll drop my results here in case anyone else comes across the same issue, but I'll reach out to you by email hoping for help to find a better solution.

Disabling "Autoreset Scenetime" did reduce the problem but not resolve it completely. Animations did not reset with that function disabled but the responsiveness was still sluggish and it seem to match your point with the refresh rate for Artnet Control is only 100ms. Functions like strobe (from external DMX controller and quick or smooth fades for me doesn't work well.

Thank you,
Jo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Showcontroller Support
More
9 months 5 days ago - 9 months 5 days ago #461 by Showcontroller Support
Replied by Showcontroller Support on topic Scene animations resets/stutters on ArtNet Input using remote DMX
Hello,

Please use Main Menue "Edit" -> "Settings" and disable "Autoreset Scenetime"

Artnet Control is only updatet all 100ms because Re-Drawing of GUI needs much Time. 
The Auto-Reset is usefull for some usage but not for all. 
Hope this solves your Problem. If not shoot me an E-Mail to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• Jo Inge Johansen
  • Topic Author
More
9 months 5 days ago #460 by Jo Inge Johansen
Hi,

I'm observing stuttering animation which seem to be animation reset whenever there are changes in channel values from external source over ArtNet, for example changes to Master Intentsity or Size XY using ShowController Live.
  • Happens only over Artnet regardless of which DMX Controller Software in use (tested with SoundSwitch and QLC+)
  • Standard DMX (not using Artnet) directly to the lasers using the same controller software do not reproduce this issue.
  • Changing values in ShowController UI (using mouse on screen) do not reproduce the stuttering issue.
  • If for example a long fade in or fade out is done (0-255 over 30-60 sec), the animation stutter and resets at the very same time the value on the DMX channel 11 (Master Intensity) changes
  • Quick continous changes over Artnet/DMX resets/stutters the animation continously.
  • Changing Size XY, Position X/Y, strobe, etc.over ArtNet reproduce the same problem.
  • The stuttering is observed in the animation view in ShowController and the live output from the laser scanner (2 x DS-3000 MK3s) (laser scanners are in sync with the stuttering)
  • I've reproduced the behaviour with two different DMX remote control softwares where one of them was QLC+ where the value changes was done using the faders in "Simple Desk" just to get as low level to the wire as possible.
  • I cannot see any changes in other channels (I.E. channel 1 - scene changes) in Artnetominator Tool when modifying Master Intensity Value. Only channel 11 shows changes in the history view in the tool. Same applies for any other channel I modify. Stuttering occurs regardless of channel modified.
  • Simple setup for testing purposes, only Laser Scanners in the configured DMX universe to avoid false input or disturbance from other sources.
  • Latest version of ShowController running on Win10 (no performance, I.E. high CPU issues observed)
  • Latest version of Firmware for DS-3000 MK3 scanners.

I've tried to debug this issue for hours and over several days but I'm stuck and with an event coming up soon.

Has anyone seen this before? Would really appreciate any help to sort this out.

Thank you!
Jo

f