Copyright 2024 - Laserworld Showcontroller - professional laser control software

AKAI APC mini mk2

• Bart
  • Topic Author
More
1 week 1 day ago #674 by Bart
Replied by Bart on topic AKAI APC mini mk2
I created a video using a free program QLC+ i found online to outline why there are no workspaces, take this as a constructive critique (After watching it i found myself being a bit hard) to outline how important for combined use with other fixtures it is, Showcontroller was my preference over Pangolin in terms of creation of scene's, also i bought the program because i wanted safety zones but at the end i'm not using it because it's almost impossible to work with other fixtures.

The program at this point is good, as i do love you adding new features i think at this point after waiting 2y after buying the program it's not that much to ask to first complete the functionality and then improve.

I don't mind to write my own Artnet to midi converter or something like that, the problem is not one of both works fully.
Also i didn't mention as you can see in the video too when the beat changes too high or too low while i send the beat code it doesn't change until i resync, also it slows down the laser (maybe make it that it only changes beat after 3 incoming signals, the program i use send 8 times the beat code to make sure it arives all the time)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Showcontroller Support
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #610 by Showcontroller Support
Replied by Showcontroller Support on topic AKAI APC mini mk2
Hello,

could word. Never tryed it.
About Laser Midi Clock Input: I will check that.
The next Installer will bring a complexer Workstatet. Our Hope that People design
their own Workspace and share it is burried :-)

• Bart
  • Topic Author
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #608 by Bart
I fully understand the priority towards plug and play as that is the most common way people want their devices to work.

As you mention the software looks at the device name in theory it would be possible to name a loopMIDI channel as the device and that would get me responses back if i'm correct?

This way i can temporary base my in middleware software (That has no problem on a refresh of a device as the loopmidi port stays on all the time) on those responses?

For some reason when i restart the program my Midi Clock Input isn't loaded to the last midiLoop input and i need to set that again every time.

Also when you change the bank the light for the animation stays lit on the position of the previous bank.

I asume there will also be more support for the banks from 11 to 40 in the midi input in the future?

• Showcontroller Support
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #607 by Showcontroller Support
Replied by Showcontroller Support on topic AKAI APC mini mk2
Hello Bart,

about the LED: I will check it.
The Devices are recognized by Name.
We decide to go this Way because more Users like to plug and Play and dont
undestand the Way Midi / MidiFeedback Works.
But we also are planing a free configurable Midi Teach in with Feedback.
But not for the next Release...will need some Time.

• Bart
  • Topic Author
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #606 by Bart
You implemented in the last version the MK2, is it normal that the key right bottom doesn't light up when the laser is outputting?
Also, i don't like the standard mappings, this is a personal preference thing, and i fully understand you can't please everyone while developing software.

Tho it would be useful to have one of the options:
- The ability to set our own return value for a device, and disable the default values
- A checkbox next to the MIDI device selector to get the return value upon sending.
- A return MIDI device to select

This way we can use generic controllers/software as most support return value.
On this topic how are the devices (MK I + II) recognized by the LIVE, is this name, manufacturer or Sync ID? Just asking so for instance i can emulate a device...

• Bart
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 2 months ago #371 by Bart
Can there be some sort of ini/json file support for devices so we can map devices ourselves or even create virtual devices?
This way we can customize the look and positions of buttons like we want it as a user, it wouldn't take more then providing us a template that we can place inside some folder with the name device1.ini and device 2.ini, when those files are present they will override the teaching table and enable output midi defined in it. (maybe even more devices you can support like this that way because you can actual use 16 APC mini mk2 at once)
This way we can remap the buttons to locations that makes for users more sense in their own preference and as community we can contibute to making themed layouts, this will save you guys a lot of money in having to buy each device and as a reference i will add also the workings of the mk2 communications in the link provided. protocol https://cdn.inmusicbrands.com/akai/attachments/APC%20mini%20mk2%20-%20Communication%20Protocol%20-%20v1.0.pdf

f